Hannover Rueck SE (HNRGn.DE)
24 Nov 2017
* Hurricanes and earthquakes have rocked industry (Adds details from CFO call, background)
FRANKFURT, Nov 8 Hannover Re reported a 31 percent drop in its third-quarter net profit on Wednesday as natural catastrophes in North America took their toll.
* CFO says he doesn't expect that catastrophes in the fourth quarter, like the fires in California, to exceed the company's budget of 200 million euros. Further company coverage:
FRANKFURT, Nov 8 Hannover Re said on Wednesday that third-quarter net profit fell 31 percent from a year earlier as a spate of natural catastrophes in North America took their toll.
BERLIN/FRANKFURT, Nov 8 The following are some of the factors that may move German stocks on Wednesday:
ZURICH A rise in insurance premiums, especially in areas affected by recent hurricanes and disasters, will help Swiss Re recover from almost half a billion dollars of losses in the first nine months of this year, it said on Thursday.
* Sees "very material upward moves" in some prices - CFO (Adds CFO comment)
* Actuary company MSK says estimates insured losses from storm herwart in germany at around 250 million eur
* Cinven willing to inject further capital into Viridium - sources
|Konjunktur abhängige Waren & Dienstleistungen||+0.10%|
|Konjunktur unabhängige Waren & Dienstleistungen||+0.09%|
Nachrichten aus der Wirtschaft
Berlin Die aus den USA nach Deutschland herübergeschwappten Marketing-Initiativen "Black Friday" und "Cyber Monday" sorgen für klingende Kassen.