Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF.TO)
21 Nov 2017
TORONTO Two of Canada's biggest insurance companies reported third-quarter earnings on Wednesday that beat market expectations, benefiting in part from strong growth in Asia.
* Sun Life looking for more Asian acquisitions (Adds comments from Manulife, Sun Life CEOs)
* Q3 earnings per share view c$1.01 -- Thomson Reuters I/B/E/S
* Sun Life Financial increases common share dividend and declares dividends on preferred shares
TORONTO, Nov 8 Canadian insurer Sun Life Financial reported third-quarter earnings that were ahead of market expectations, benefiting from a strong performance across all of its businesses.
* Seven of the TSX's 10 main groups were down (Updates throughout with closing figures, investor comment)
TORONTO, Nov 8 Canada's main stock index fell on Wednesday, retreating from another record high the previous day, as financial and energy stocks dropped, oil prices declined and corporate results came in below expectations.
* AIA agreed to acquire CBA's insurance unit last month (Adds details on China and Hong Kong business, share price)
* Sun Life Global Investments to acquire Excel Funds Management Inc and Excel Investment Counsel Inc
|Konjunktur abhängige Waren & Dienstleistungen||-0.01%|
|Konjunktur unabhängige Waren & Dienstleistungen||+0.19%|
Nachrichten aus der Wirtschaft
Frankfurt Die EZB kann aus Sicht von Notenbank-Direktor Benoit Coeure womöglich bald den Ausblick zur Zukunft ihrer Anleihenkäufe etwas abschwächen.